Let’s just admit it, we’re all counting down the minutes until tea-time. As soon as the clock strikes 4 pm, our taste buds begin to crave a cup of tea. It’s the best way to simply relax, unwind, and take a seat. For the majority of us, the first sip of sham ki chai is pure bliss. Don’t you think so? If you ask us, we simply cannot imagine an evening without a cup of tea. The best pairing for this popular beverage is a variety ofBut we are aware that preparing them at home can be time-consuming. However, if you’re willing to put on your apron once a week to satisfy your craving for something different, we have the ideal snack recipe for you.
These tastymasala baatis are the perfect accompaniment to your tea and can also be served as a snack to guests. They are not only incredibly tasty, but also very simple to make. To spruce up the masala filling, all you need are a few basic kitchen staples like whole wheat flour, boiled potatoes, and a few seasonings. So, without any further ado, let’s get started with the recipe.
Rajasthani-Style Masala Baati Recipe: How To Make Rajasthani-Style Masala Baati
- In a pan, combine 5-6 cloves and 7-8 peppercorns. Over medium-low heat, dry roast for 1-2 minutes. Once roasted, coarsely crush them with a mortar and pestle. Set it aside for now.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the coarsely powdered cloves and peppercorns, crushed coriander seeds, cumin seeds, and asafoetida once the oil is hot. Cook for 1 minute.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add the chopped ginger and green chilies and cook for another minute. Add salt, amchur powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, and chilli powder at this point. Mix everything together and fry for a few seconds.
- Mix in the boiled and mashed potatoes. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Continue to stir and mash with the back of a spoon. Make balls out of this mixture. And stuff the mixture in wheat flour prepared dough. For the traditional recipe of dal and baati,
- Deep fry all the baatis and enjoy!
Try this recipe at home and let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
Featured Video Of The Day
Palak Paneer Chilla Recipe | How To Make Palak Paneer Chilla